Sunday, March 24, 2013

Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

I remember my college mate talking about this book way back in 2000. I remember his making a comment on how a home can be a liability instead of an asset. I was not sure if I wanted to read this book. But when I came across this book in the library, I thought why not.
But very soon I realized that it is a book not to be borrowed and read from the library. It is a book meant to be bought. It has may wise gems which needs constant reading and referring - like Dialogues with the Guru and Autobiography of a yogi. It is not a great book (there are many sentences which keep repeating and it kinda becomes monotonous at times, but it is not boring), but definitely a book that needs reading, and a book that honestly inspires you to become rich.
Sometimes, when I read the book, I felt I was already following what the author wants the reader to do to become rich, sometimes I felt I was like the author's educated (poor) dad.
There are lots of things to learn in this book, and lots of things that make you think and re-think.
Definitely, a must-read.

1 comment:

Love SMS said...

Having money doesn't make you a Millionaire, the financial literacy you have makes you a Millionaire. This book takes you to the depth of the attitude of the people towards money. If you want to get out the rat race, difference between asset and liability, financial literacy!! This book is the end to your search.
This book is a gateway towards a simple fundamental of how to make money work for you.
I think the author should have given some more lights on the way towards the investment and establishing a corporation.
Always pay yourself first with whatever you have! He means it all to say.